The Spice Trail was established in 1999 by Parvin Balsara & Daughters Ava and Spenta. The establishment of the business meant that the local community could purchase goods and produce, which had never been offered anywhere else. We started small, and initially catered only to the Indian community; who at the time were sparse in numbers. Eventually as our business grew, so did our clientele. We had come to learn that our Gold Coast community had a very wonderful, diverse range of people form all over the world, which needed a shop that would stock the same produce, they used back home. Everyday, new families and individuals move to the Gold Coast and we are their one-stop-shop, for all their groceries. Our humble business became a ‘meeting place’ for friends, families and ‘new arrivals’; a place where they could feel they were back home.
Our mission is to provide our customers with the best service, the best produce and the best prices. We offer limitless advice on all of our hand-blended and roasted spice concoctions and can even assist with recipes, cookbooks and all queries related to the art of enjoying fine cuisine. Our mission is to offer customers proper, easy-to-follow advice and encourage everyone to get their hands dirty and cook something fabulous! Our staff is highly trained and can answer even the hardest culinary question. Our products are derived straight from the manufacturer, which means no middle man and no extra cost to our customers. We currently stock over 300 different products, from all around the world and our range is growing everyday. Even specific requests for particular products can be catered for. We believe in educating people about good food and encouraging everyone to try something new and fresh when they come into our store.
Our range of products include:
- Spices, both whole and ground for your convenience
- Rice (including Basmati, Tastic, Masoori and Par Boiled) Daals and Legumes
- Pickles, Chutneys, Pastes, Simmer Sauces, Marinades,
- A wide range of Persian products which include, Zaraesht etc^
- An extensive range of Sri Lankan products including dried fish
- Fresh frozen Indian Vegetables
- Frozen dosa’s, idli’s, Uttapums, Chapattis, Paraths’s, Spring Rolls and Samosas
- Ayurvedic Products including, Neem, Brahmi, Amla and Himalaya Products.
- Books on Yoga, Cooking and Philosophy
- Indian Art including brass statues of Deities and Prints form Indian artists
- DVD’s and music
- Saris, sarongs, throws and Jewelry